Did Inflation Dampen Your Summer Plans?
If you're having a difficult time because you can't give your children a trip this summer, or you had to change plans due to the rising cost of food and gas, you're not alone.
I'm here to reassure you that you and your family will have an even better summer by getting back to the basics and remembering what makes this season unique. Get your sunscreen ready, you're about to make some special memories!
Nothing beats the promise of sun-filled days with no commitments. Summertime serves up the best weather to enjoy so many activities.
The best part about this time of year is that it's easy to do a lot with little very little expenditure. From camping, bike rides, and beach days, to backyard BBQs, you're about to have your best summer on a budget.
When I think of my favorite childhood memories, it was going to the pool, playing with my friends, or staying up late playing Ghosts in the Graveyard. My favorite times weren't born from extravagant trips across the country or lavish vacations. They were born from running free, staying up late, and lots of time outside.
Summer on a Budget: Ideas to do at Home
Before you dive into the list of affordable summer activities, look at it with fresh eyes. Rather than skimming each idea, which you've probably seen on Pinterest, look at it from the perspective of a child or as a parent that will participate like a child again.
The way you look at it will determines how much you enjoy it. If you continue to look at the current inflation crisis as this thing that's limiting you and taking away your ability to provide for your kids, the more you will suffer and feel like Summer is a drag.
Choose to embrace this summer as a great opportunity to simplify your life and make the decision to be a kid again with your family. Alright, without further ado, here's a solid list of budget friendly activities you can do around the home.
- Play in the sprinkler
- Build a fort and watch a movie
- Play a board game in the AC
- Make homemade pizza as a family
- Water fight
- Draw with sidewalk chalk
- Breakfast picnic
- Ride bikes
- Go for a walk and take photos of interesting things you see
- Camp (indoors or in the backyard)
- Play 'guess that food' with blindfolds
- Cook a new recipe with only ingredients that you have in your home
- Print photos and make a mini scrapbook
- Make a summer craft
- Take pictures of your favorite things
- Play flashlight tag
- Paint things around your home
- Catch fireflies
- Eat corn on the cob
- Dance in the rain
- Throw a BBQ party (everyone contributes)
- Yoga outside
- Set up a lemonade stand with your kids for your neighborhood
- Make a slip and slide
Summer on a Budget: Ideas to do Away From Home.
- Have a beach day at a new location
- Visit a new park
- Go on a hike and explore
- Go to your town festival
- Rent bikes in a new city and explore
- Go to an outdoor movie
- Go to a new place and collect rocks
- Visit a new farmers market
- Try a new ice cream shop in a nearby town
- Go window shopping
- Build a sandcastle
- Go people-watch
- Go on a day-trip
- Go canoeing
- Try fishing
- Pick strawberries
- Go star gazing in the country
- Have a nature scavenger hunt
- Find something cool and paint it outside
- Go feed ducks
The Secret to Enjoying Your Summer on a Budget
The key to enjoying any season on a budget is to permit yourself to be a kid again. Allow your brain to be curious, play, and remember how fun it is not to make things a big deal. Simple is better.
Surround Yourself With Like-Minded People
If you enjoy laughing, tips on practicing self-care while managing your busy life, and candles, we invite you to join our Candle Family. We host monthly challenges, game nights, and regularly post in our private Facebook group Bella Vida Family. Join our family today and be surrounded by supportive positive people in 2022!