Since our Valentine's Day date will be different this year, than previous celebrations.
I wanted to come up with a list of ideas that my husband and I could pick from.
Five Date Ideas For Valentine's Day 2021:
- Love to cook? Choose a new recipe, something that takes around 90-minutes to prepare, turn on the music, pour a glass of wine, and get cooking! We used to do this date all the time when the kids were little. They would pop down a few times over the course of the date and it was still so fun.
- Got a competitive side? Pick a game to play. Cards or a board game. Make it interesting and before you start, tell your partner what they have to do if they lose. It can be cute, like a foot rub, sweet like a kiss, or a little more romantic. Keep it around three minutes a game. You don't want to get too relaxed or too hot and heavy.
- Need some snuggles? Life gets busy and we get pulled in so many directions sometimes we NEED to feel their body next to ours. Get the kids in bed early, pick out a movie or Netflix series and snuggle in. No other electronics can be in the room.
- Take a trip down memory lane. Maybe life has been too crazy, or you're not feeling as connected as you want to feel. Grab the box of cards you saved from when you first dated, old photos, letters, all the memorabilia. Make a carpet picnic with your favorite beverage, some light snacks, and start remembering why you two choose to go through life together.
- At home couples spa day. My husband actually came up with this one a few years back. He did his research, found an incredible face mask, set us up with our favorite show on in the background and we proceeded to treat ourselves, at home. We had massages, a hot shower, it was so nice. If you want to leave the TV out of it, I would pull up a Would You Rather question series and have some fun conversation.
I hope this helps get your wheels turning. And remember it's not what you do, but who you're with that matters.
Happy Valentine's Day!